Setting out your long-term goals and ambitions.
Planning your time
Allocate times in your calendar for when you are going to work on WhyMe? and give yourself a completion date:
While it’s quite possible to complete WhyMe? in less than a day, we recommend taking a bit more time over it to give yourself time to reflect on your input. As a guide allow ½ – 1 day for Steps 1 & 2 and the same for Step 3.
Before refining your draft WhyMe? in Step 4 we recommend putting it away for a few days to let it settle.
Why are you creating your personal brand now?
In the context of what you are ultimately trying to achieve, think about why you have decided that now is the right time to create your personal brand. You might have more than one reason – list them all. Start-point examples:
- The job market is highly competitive and I want to stand out
- I want to change and improve my life
- I’m not sure what I really want to do
- Am I presenting the right image on social media?
- Do my social media posts present a clear and attractive image to potential employers?
- My public profile could work harder for me
- I’m not sure what to say about myself
- I’m not sure that I always play to my strengths
- My chosen sector is really hard to get into
- Getting your first job is the hardest
- I’m in the wrong role and want to change direction
Who are you aiming to impress?
List out your target audience / sector and the talents and skills they are looking for – if you have more than one prospective audience / sector list them too.
Audience / Sector
Customer Service Representative
Ability to work under pressure
Calm and patient
Interested in people and places
Long distance lorry driver
Save your data before moving on